Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Recovery

Today was our recovery day. We tried our hardest to clean up the house, get all the dirty fingerprints out of our rooms and living room. I cannot describe the feeling of just complete intrusion...but I know now how much it exists. We could not sleep at all last night and still can't shake the knowledge of how unsafe our world is. I tried to put up paintings where there were TVs, clean up all our belongings, clothes and personal items that were destroyed or vandalized. I think it was a step closer, a step in the right direction. And I am so moved by how the people near us, people close to us love us. I could not feel more blessed and grateful to be surrounded and supported by the most important people in our lives. Family. Friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment