Wednesday, July 1, 2015

One Month to go

One month my world will change. 
One month exactly. 

Now...when you say one month it really could mean a number of things. One month to do 50 sit-ups? That's all? That's not bad. I could do that. One month to teach the kids about a circle ? Piece of cake. One month to loose 30 pounds? Meh...that's a challenge. I can't even cut out queso for a week. But whether I like it or not- in a simple 31days my life changes completely. I will officially be married and I will have a completely different lifestyle.

The first pitch is...a strike. Ugh. 

Right off the bat we started strong this morning. Strike out...Daniel. Daniel, my fiancé, did not get approved of his very last minute passport application. We thought it would be in the mail when we got home today but instead we got a curve ball saying his passport cannot be approved because he only had an extract version of his birth certificate.  So if you know how the passport timeline works and you're really good at math you now know we do not have time to get him one. So we can't go out of the U.S for a honeymoon. Initially, it was not that big of a deal because there are thousands of places to visit here that are extremely beautiful and I don't really have a high "champagne taste." You can put a Dos Equis Amber in front of me with some water and I am a happy camper. I doooo however care that we now have to pay double for things that are not inclusive. And that of course was after the fact that had to remind him that buying our passports and getting them expedited was a waste of money. So yeah..that would be strike on my part as well. I did fail at bat when it came to being a supportive teammate today but I thankfully have a patient, kind man and he did a great job at already finding some valuable options. 

A Single. No- a double!
I did however interview for two different jobs today and was very grateful to receive an open invitation to both the jobs!
I will be going from a mediocre preschool teacher to a full time art instructor, bartender and soon to be wife. So when I say I've got new shit coming at me this week---I'm for real. And I think that it could end up being a little humorous on my part (maybe not at first) so I'm going to try and blog/document the whole thing. 
Day one. Survived. 
T-minus 31 days left 

No comments:

Post a Comment